Terms & Conditions
Following are our up-to-date general terms and conditions that regulate the contractual relationship between you and us. In summary, these terms cover your rights as a user and what you can expect from our service.
§ 1 General
The use of the services offered by OneLife is governed by these terms and conditions. Any agreements which deviate from these General Terms and Conditions must be in written form.
the website as well as associated applications are provided by
Onelife Health GmbH, registered in the commercial register of the local court in Hamburg under the number HRB 131585, represented by the managing director David Scharf,
Registered headquarter: Auf dem Sande 1, 20457 Hamburg
Email: hello (at) Onelife.me
Telephone: +49 40 64661701
Sales tax identification number according to § 27a Sales Tax Law: DE305591090
§ 2 Scope
1. OneLife offers a personalized electronic health record. The service is aimed at women, their partners and families as well as their medical professionals. OneLife allows its users to store health data in a secure cloud and share it with other individuals when needed. Before, during and after a pregnancy, users can track medical and non-medical events as well as data points in a diary. After the data is stored in the cloud, users receive personalized tips and recommendations. The service can be enhanced via separately available extensions.
2. Following service activation and applicable payment, users can send and receive data exchange with medical professionals via the online services of OneLife. The activation can be carried out by entering an activation code or by purchasing a subscription in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. After activating the service the exchange of health data for the purpose of optimization of medical monitoring, and the establishment of online communication between doctor and the user is enabled. The subscription will auto-renew at the end of every cycle, in most cases on a monthly basis.
3. Users can choose to share their data with their medical professionals and other persons (for example, the child's father). To use these features, the other person must also be registered as a OneLife user.
4. In addition to the free basic service, OneLife offers additional premium enhancements like general health coaching and additional premium content.
5. As part of general health coaching, OneLife offers the user access to Femisphere coaches. The coaches advise the user in all essential questions about their life situation and provide guidance about possible solutions additional offers. The Femisphere coaches do not provide any medical or therapeutic services. For specific medical questions, the coaches will refer users to doctors, midwives or therapists.
6. The services specified on the OneLife website and associated applications are not medical services. The use of OneLife cannot replace a traditional doctor visit. In case of doubt, consult a local doctor or in urgent cases call the emergency service. Special legal provisions and restrictions apply to medical care on the Internet. The services are therefore limited to the current legal and regulatory options. Special instructions for the service description and provision are binding.
§ 3 Registration
1. The use of OneLife requires the setup of a user-specific account for which registration is required. The registration requires that the mandatory information the user submits is true and complete. When registering, the user must be able at least 18 years old and fully contractually capable. Without completing the registration process, the user can only use OneLife with limitations.
2. After registration, the user receives an e-mail to the specified email address, which contains a confirmation link. This link must be clicked to activate the account. If the account is not activated within four weeks of the registration, the process is discarded and the user’s personal details will be deleted. Upon activation of the account a legal agreement is concluded in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions.
3. A legal entitlement to the use of OneLife’s services does not exist. OneLife shall be entitled to refuse the registration, without giving any reason.
§ 4 Revocation
You have the right to revoke your contractual statement in written form within fourteen days without giving specific reasons.
The grace period is fourteen days from the date of contract. To exercise your right of cancellation, you must address your revocation to
OneLife Health GmbH, represented by its managing director David Schaerf
Auf dem Sande 1, 20457 Hamburg
Email: hello (at) onelife.me
by means of a clear written statement (e.g. by post mail, fax or email) to inform OneLife of your decision to withdraw from this contract. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient that you exercise your revocation rights before the withdrawal deadline.
Effects of withdrawal:
If you withdraw from this contract, we will reimburse any payments we have received from you no later than fourteen days from the date on which the notice is received. For this repayment we use the same method of payment that you used in the original transaction, unless you expressly agreed otherwise; you will not be charged for the refunding transaction.
If you required that the services are to begin during the withdrawal period, you are charged a reasonable amount in the proportion of the services consumed up to the date on which you
§ 5 Information obligations
1. OneLife is not subject to a non-judicial grievance or appeal.
2. All other information about OneLife, the products and fulfillment can be reviewed on www.onelife.me.
3. Refer to § 3 regarding the technical steps that lead to the conclusion of the contract.
4. Users can save the text of the agreement. Additionally users have the option to print the text of the agreement via the print function of their browser. OneLife can make them accessible to the user upon request via email.
5. Users can correct details entered during registration at any time the user by going one step back in the registration process to make appropriate changes. By canceling the registration process, the user can end the registration at any time. The only language available to conclude the contract is German.
6. We have not subjected ourselves to any specific Code of Conduct (Rules and Standards).
7. Since January 9th, 2016 the EU decree Nr. 524/2013 (Online dispute resolution) to resolve online consumer disputes is effective. Link to the online platform of this EU initiative with a possibility to submit claims:
§ 6 Right of use
1. The user is solely granted the rights specified in these General Terms and Conditions.
2. The content, information, pictures, videos and databases published on OneLife’s online platform of are subject to copyright and usually owned by or licensed to OneLife.
3. The contents of the online platform may be used or reproduced only for personal and non-commercial purposes. Reproduction and disclosure of the contents is forbidden without the express permission of OneLife.
§ 7 User data
1. Onelife collects and uses data entered by the user for the execution of the agreement between the user and Onelife exclusively in accordance with the requirements of the applicable German data protection law. Without the consent of the user, data is not collected, processed, or used. No data will be collected without the users’s consent. Data will only be processed and used to the extent necessary for the execution of contracts and service fulfillment.
2. The users can retrieve, modify or delete stored data at any, subject to platform availability.
§ 8 Image Rights
The user guarantees and ensures ownership of the rights of all the uploaded images and that these are not in conflict with the rights of a third party. The user grants Onelife the rights to all images published on the platform in accordance with the specified features and services. In addition, the user assures that his information and activities do not violate any third-party property rights or criminal law.
§ 9 Availability
The service is usually available 24 hours a day. Exceptions include downtimes when backup operations and system maintenance work is carried. Onelife will keep service disruptions to a minimum.
§ 10 Liability
The liability of Onelife for damages, particularly due to delay, non-performance, inadequate performance or tort is only limited to breach of essential contractual obligations. Other liabilities of Onelife are excluded, unless there are compelling legal regulations. The disclaimer does not apply to intent and gross negligence.
Onelife is liable for foreseeable damage. Liability for indirect damages, including consequential damages, unforeseeable damage, atypical damage or lost profits are excluded. The same applies to the effects of labor disputes, accidental damage and force majeure.
The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to all contractual and non-contractual claims.
§ 11 Obligations of the User
1. The liability of OneLife for damages, particularly due to delay, non-performance, inadequate performance or tort is only limited to breach of essential contractual obligations. Other liabilities of OneLife are excluded, unless there are compelling legal regulations. The disclaimer does not apply to intent and gross negligence.
2. OneLife is liable for foreseeable damage. Liability for indirect damages, including consequential damages, unforeseeable damage, atypical damage or lost profits are excluded. The same applies to the effects of labor disputes, accidental damage and force majeure.
3. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to all contractual and non-contractual claims.
§ 12 Payment Processing
If the user added extensions liable for payment, payments will be processed via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. For this purpose, the user must have an Apple or Google account. The agreement between the user and OneLife exists irrespective of the contract concluded with the payment service. The payment process is based solely on the terms and conditions of the respective payment service, which are not part of the agreement between the user and OneLife. Subscriptions will auto-renew at the end of the booking cycle, on a monthly basis in most cases.
§ 13 Blocking access / termination
1. OneLife reserves the right to pursue suspected improper use or fundamental breach and take necessary precautions. In case of reasonable suspicion OneLife will block the user’s access. If the suspicion can be overcome, the block is cleared, otherwise OneLife will execute the right to terminate the service.
2. Each Party shall have the right to terminate for good reason. The notice must be in writing (via email for example). With effective date of termination, the user’s access to the online platform is blocked.
§ 14 Amendments
1. OneLife has the right to change the terms and conditions at any time, changes taking effect into the future.
2. Users will be notified by email sent to the latest address supplied to OneLife. The actual change takes effect when the respective user does not object within two weeks after sending the email. To comply with this two-week period, the time of transmission of the objection shall prevail.
3. If the user objects the change within the two-week period, OneLife is entitled to terminate the contract extraordinarily without notice, without the user gaining any claims against OneLife. If the contractual agreement continues after the effective objection by the user, the existing terms and conditions shall prevail.
§ 14 Final Provisions
The applicable law shall be German. If any provision of these terms and conditions, including this provision are or become wholly or partially invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected. The current statutory provisions shall replace the invalid or omitted provisions.
Last update: April 4th 2018
IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS ENGLISH VERSION IS A TRANSLATION FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES. IF THERE IS ANY DISPUTE ABOUT THE WORDING OF THE ENGLISH VERSION, ONLY THE GERMAN VERSION OF THIS TEXT SHALL BE IN EFFECT.